Sunday 12 June 2011

I won something!



Fantastic news - Yuck! won the Younger Children category in the Red House Children's Book Awards at yesterday's award ceremony in Birmingham! The overall winner was Michael Morpurgo's Shadow so we were in great company! Had a wonderful day and we were pampered by all the wonderful people from the Federation of Children's Book Groups. Thank you to all the children who voted for us and for the opportunity to meet the author of Yuck! for the first time, the lovely Angela McAllister! All the shortlisted authors and illustrators were presented with portfolios containing letters and drawings from lots of the children who had enjoyed our books - they were so lovely and it's something I will always treasure. As category winners, we also received beautiful engraved silver bookmarks - I shall put mine in my trophy cabinet alongside my only other award for illustration (so far!!) my pewter plate from Highlights High Five magazine which I won in 2009. We were even on the BBC news - definitely a first for me!

1 comment: